If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911.
Our Emergency Department may be contacted at (808) 932-4200, Then press 2 when prompted.
Our 4-bed emergency department provides 24/7 emergency medical care serving approximately 2,600 patients annually. We have a team of four experienced emergency physicians who have a sincere commitment to our hospital and patients.
Our registered nurses are highly trained with Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Life Support and Trauma Nurse Certification.
When patients require a higher level of care than what we can provide onsite, they are transferred to Hilo Medical Center, Kona Community Hospital or sometimes directly off island via air ambulance.
What to Bring to the Emergency Room
- List of all current medications including “over the counter” drugs, herbal remedies and supplements
- List of dosages, when they are taken and the last dose taken
- Primary care physician’s name
- List of known allergies and medication reactions
- List of surgeries
- List of medical conditions