Our Physicians and Advanced Practice Professionals
HMC Neurology Clinic
Hilo, Hawaii 96720
Herrera, William, MD
Between his neurology residency and private practice, Dr. Herrera worked extensively as a research fellow in multiple sclerosis and rehabilitation at the University of Colorado, including a stint as clinical research director for the Rocky Mountain MS Center from 1988 through 1990. Since then, Dr. Herrera has worked continuously as an adult clinical neurologist in private practice in Englewood, Pueblo, and Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Having fallen under the spell of the Big Island during several trips to the volcano over the last 25 years, he moved to the island in 2010. He enjoys biking, scuba diving, web (not water) surfing, and gardening in East Hawaii.
- University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado
- Rocky Mountain Multiple Sclerosis Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado
- Board Certified in Neurology American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners