We believe visitors are an important part of our patients’ recovery and experience at Hilo Medical Center. Click here to view a map of our facility. Please observe our visiting guidelines and hours located below.
- No more than two visitors at a time.
- Visitors under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Visitors under the age of 13 shall not be allowed in Isolation Rooms, the Emergency Room, Intensive Care Unit, and Behavioral Health Facility (Hale Ho’ola).
- No flowers/balloons in the Intensive Care Unit.
- NO SICK VISITORS. People who are ill or have one of the following symptoms: fever, cough, or sore throat, should not visit hospitalized patients.
- Keep noise to a minimum. Patients need quiet to rest and heal.
- Toilets and shower in rooms are for patient use only. Visitors, please use the public restrooms located throughout the hospital.
Acute Hospital: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Extended Care Facility: Same hours as the acute hospital, but with flexibility to accommodate resident preferences as appropriate.
Behavioral Health Facility: (Hale Ho’ola): 12 Noon to 1:30pm and 4:00pm to 7:00pm
Ohana Café is the hospital’s cafeteria that is open to the public and our employees. It is located on the ground floor and serves breakfast (6:30 am to 8:30 am), lunch (11:00 am to 1:00 pm) and dinner (4:15 pm to 6:00 pm).
The Cubby Hole Snack Shop is located in the main entrance corridor and is open 7:30 am to 7:00 pm.
Vending machines are located near the main entrance and on the first floor around the corner from the snack shop.
The Palm Tree gift shop is located in the main entrance corridor and is open from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. The shop is run by the dedicated members of the Hilo Medical Center Auxiliary.