Accepting new patients. Call today for an appointment: 932-4205
Care Close to Home
Our team of dedicated family practitioners provide comprehensive healthcare for people of all ages, specializing in primary care, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses and preventive care. We offer routine check-ups, health risk assessments, immunizations and screening tests. We provide personalized counseling and assistance to maximize good health.
- Newly renovated keiki exam room
- Well-child check-ups and immunizations
- Chronic disease management (diabetes, hypertension, asthma, high cholesterol, heart disease)
- Women’s health exams, PAP tests, pregnancy testing, contraceptive counseling, Nexplanon implants, IUD insertion
- General physicals, CDL physicals, sports physicals
- X-rays and lab conveniently available
- In-Office Procedures: Joint injections, skin lesion biopsies and removals, EKG
|Prevent the #1 Threat to Our Keiki’s Health||Let’s Talk about Birth Control Options|
Comprehensive medical care provided by Nurse Practitioners Megan Lewis and Susan Field.
Electronic Medical Records Go “Live” in the Clinic
The Ka`u Rural Health Clinic celebrated going “live” with the electronic medical records (EMR) system.
This marked the final EMR installation in the East Hawaii Region of Hawaii Health Systems Corporation.
Patients can now access their health record online by registering at the clinic. They can view the care provided at the clinic as well as the hospital.
In addition, when patients from Ka`u receive care at any one of the clinics affiliated with Hilo Medical Center or are transferred to the hospital in Hilo, Dr. Howard and nurse practitioners Field and Lewis can monitor their patients over the course of their care away from home.